Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Nerd Alert: My Only Ego

Here are several nerdy pictures which light up my life. 


1. Cheesy Sci-Fi: 80's Sci-Fi: "Back to the Future" is one of my favorite 80's movies. (The first one is the best.) Michael J. Fox is hilarious in it, and there's a decent amount of nerdy humor or at least science-y stuff. For even more hilarious and dated political humor, I'd recommend "Family Ties" (also with Michael J. Fox). 
2. Science: Speaking of science, kind of, this one is mildly funny. I just imagine the scenario in my own kindergarten school... Humor is sometimes cruel, but humorous nonetheless. :) 
3. Biology: Last in the science category, here's my favorite science meme I've yet encountered.  Allow me to re-state the glory depicted here. "Heterozygoats: Just allele uneven."


4. Literature+Nostalgia: This...I can't even express. I love Edgar Allen Poe, and I love Winnie the Pooh, so the fusion is doubly alluring. Furthermore, the whole concept of Pooh Bear as a guilty murderer of a creepy old man/gloomy old donkey is endlessly absurd. And Pooh is wearing a suit—again, out of character and ridiculously absurd. I love every detail. (Notice Eeyore's tail hanging on the wall...)
5. Math: I made this one. Pretty proud. 
6. Math again: Similar to the previous one, but nonetheless different enough to warrant a new laugh. Not to mention the slight implications that the number 6 is delusional (having imaginary friends..). Strangely enough, 6 is my lucky number. Hmm...
7. Math again again: Wait, more 6's... IT'S A SIGN.
But really, this is hilarious. I love it. The root of all evil. 
~~~

Now to depart from the humor, and to hopefully inject some form of straightforward and serious meaning into this post, here is a perfect dictation of my sentiments on a daily basis. I love reading. I love learning. I love quiet time to ponder philosophy. I love discovering my own awareness of my existence. I love thinking. I love living life to the fullest—which to me, means thinking a lot.

And to top this all off, here's my semi-new-found conviction. People ask me why I love school and reading and writing. Here's my answer: Because it opens up opportunities, not only looking into the future, but right now. It offers happiness and knowledge and a sense of fulfillment in my own comprehensive 'life'. When people tell me that my desired career (I want to be an author) is imprudent because it won't make a lot of money, I sort of laugh inwardly. I don't really care. That's not my main goal. My purpose as I have thus far uncovered it seems to be to occupy my mind with extensive thought. So, here I am. 



No comments: